About Me

Barrington, IL, United States
I am a amateur wildlife photographer who lives in Barrington Illinois. I will use this blog to display my photographs and share the story of how I captured them. Hopefully, anyone reading this blog will venture outdoors and learn all they can about nature. I am convinced that you first have to learn about something to care about something.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Trip to Eagle Bluffs




Yesterday I left downtown at about 11:30 and rode my bike to Eagle Bluffs Conservation area. I had my blind and camera set up at about 1:30 and stayed until 7:15 pm before riding the two-hours home.

As it turns out I picked the wrong spot as I saw a group of pelicans fly over but they choose another spot and even the ducks that were in the pond never made it close to me. I did however enjoy a very peaceful afternoon watching and listening to the ducks while enjoying a good book.

I ended up taking about 200 photographs but none of them are great, mostly because everything was just too far away.

Here is a sample of what I got.


3 comments:

  1. I like the top picture...you could title it "Bad Hair Day".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The female merganser looks nice. The one where she has the fish in her mouth is nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the top picture too (and the blue bird pic from earlier this month).

    ReplyDelete