About Me

Barrington, IL, United States
I am a amateur wildlife photographer who lives in Barrington Illinois. I will use this blog to display my photographs and share the story of how I captured them. Hopefully, anyone reading this blog will venture outdoors and learn all they can about nature. I am convinced that you first have to learn about something to care about something.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Command Post





These are the photographs of the dump truck on my dad and stepmom's farm that I used the other day. It made a great blind because it has been there long enough that the animals are used to it.

I recently purchased a Kirk window mount. It works like a tripod but mounts to an automobiles window. It really worked great in this application. After mounting the lens I covered the rest of the window in camo cloth which made all of my movements invisible to anything outside.

I have learned over the years to put myself in locations where I may limit my own vision but where I can move and not be seen. This means that I may not always be able to react quickly enough to get the shot or I may not alway be able to keep watch. For example, in this situation I was only able to peek out under the lens every once in a while to see what was going on.


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures RJ...I like the ones of the old truck about as much as the animals. Sometimes old relics like this can be very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete