About Me

Barrington, IL, United States
I am a amateur wildlife photographer who lives in Barrington Illinois. I will use this blog to display my photographs and share the story of how I captured them. Hopefully, anyone reading this blog will venture outdoors and learn all they can about nature. I am convinced that you first have to learn about something to care about something.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Finally got my coyote!

Cia and I are in SW Missouri for a funeral so I took the opportunity to get up at 4 am and head out to my dad's and stepmom's farm. All week I have been thinking about how to get a shot at a coyote and I came up with an idea that I figured would either fail or I would have a good opportunity to get a good shot.

My dad has a dump truck that has been sitting in a field for several months. I decided to take some chicken out and dump it about 50 yards from the truck. I'll post more about my "set up" later on.

This coyote never made it to the chicken and I'm not sure if it was the smell of the meat that attracted her or not. I got 18 pictures of her before she split. I would have had more but I had a pretty slow card in the camera and I had to stop taking them for a few seconds.

The light was AWFUL, it was cloudy and drizzly this morning so everything looks really cool (blueish and greenish).

Still these are the best coyote photographs I have ever gotten and I'm really happy to have them.









1 comment:

  1. Did you use a distress call at all or did you just toss the chicken out and wait? Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete