About Me

Barrington, IL, United States
I am a amateur wildlife photographer who lives in Barrington Illinois. I will use this blog to display my photographs and share the story of how I captured them. Hopefully, anyone reading this blog will venture outdoors and learn all they can about nature. I am convinced that you first have to learn about something to care about something.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Total Failure this evening



This afternoon I decided to try my honey hole near McBaine. This is the place where I am usually overrun by turkeys in the springtime. I loaded up my gear in the trailer and took off down the trail.

The trail is muddy and you have to exit near Scott BLVD and ride about 3 miles out of your way to get across the two bridges that the city is replacing.

After parking my bike I walked the .6 miles across the huge field and set up. I took this photograph of me with my cellphone (explains why it sucks) waiting on what I thought was going to be a very successful evening. After about 2.5 hours 15 deer came out into the field and ran all the way across the field lengthwise and then turned 90 degrees and ran all the way across the field that direction. They had to have easily ran a mile. I have no idea if they smelled me or if they were running for some other reason. I never heard any of them blow so I'm not sure. I was hoping that BIGFOOT was chasing them and I would capture it the whole thing but that did not happen.

I sat there until nearly dark and then started the over 1 hour trip back to town. Hopefully in a couple of weeks there will be something worth eating in that field. Right now its just mud and dried bean stocks....neither are probably real appetizing for the turkeys.

The Cedar Waxwing is not from today, its from a luckier day. Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment