About Me

Barrington, IL, United States
I am a amateur wildlife photographer who lives in Barrington Illinois. I will use this blog to display my photographs and share the story of how I captured them. Hopefully, anyone reading this blog will venture outdoors and learn all they can about nature. I am convinced that you first have to learn about something to care about something.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Letter I read in Audubon Magazine

Your photo awards issue is a prizewinner, with wonderful pictures. I have a small camera store and have been selling photo equipment since 1941. In a tally of your winning pictures, I see Canon users outnumber Nikon users by two to one. I also found that many of the winners have $7,000 cameras, and almost all use a 500mm lens, which is another $5,000. Almost half use a 1.4 teleconverter, adding another $500. If you have to spend some $12,000 to win a photo contest, I think it would be easier and cheaper to draw pictures as Audubon did. Just a thought.

J.R. Patterson
Volant, PA


Makes me wonder. I've spent $12,000 and have yet to win a major photo contest. LMAO

1 comment:

  1. I've seen your artwork...better stick to using a camera dude!

    ReplyDelete