About Me

Barrington, IL, United States
I am a amateur wildlife photographer who lives in Barrington Illinois. I will use this blog to display my photographs and share the story of how I captured them. Hopefully, anyone reading this blog will venture outdoors and learn all they can about nature. I am convinced that you first have to learn about something to care about something.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

First Morning in the blind





Last night the guide called me. She said that the birds had been staying quite a bit away from the group blind and she wanted to know if I could shoot from her SUV. She said that the birds do not really mind automobiles and she would like to get me closer.

I told her that I had brought my hunting blind and she agreed to let me use that. Little did I know that there would be 30 mph winds this morning.


She had me set up my blind about 30 yards ahead of everyone else who was in the group blind. I'm glad I bought the best blind I could because I've been in cheaper ones that would have flapped like a flag and scared everything off. The way it was parts of the blind would occasionally move in the more severe gusts and the birds never got any closer than about 50 yards. I thought it was because of my blind and I was concerned that everyone would be angry at me when the morning was over.

When the guide exited the group blind and came over to tell me that we were finished I asked her if my blind scared the birds and I was relieved to hear her say that it did not.

Here are some shots from this morning. Like I said, I did not really ever get that close so these are crops.

I'm going to take a nap and then try to head out somewhere this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I will be in the same spot although there is a chance for thunderstorms.

4 comments:

  1. Im looking forward to seeing more honey! I'm sorry you weren't as close as you would have like but these still look cool to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Robert those are still wonderful. I have to do this next year if you would let me tag along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the weather. I know this is something you have been looking forward to. Good luck tomorrow! Have you seen any Cedar Waxwings? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jamie! I appreciate that. Still have not gotten that *perfect* shot in my mind but I'm having a blast trying.

    ReplyDelete